AOI STAY KYOTO
Enjoy the beauty of Kyoto
Luxuriously on your
Kamogawa-tei is a more than 100 years old wooden Machiya that we splendidly furnished with a collection of antiques as well as modern furniture.
The house impresses guests with its spaciousness character and the breathtaking view of the river glimmering in the morning sun.
In the summer, the river is filled with fish such as ayu (sweetfish) while an exotic number of birds also make their appearance.
Aoi Kamogawa-tei originally served as a sake storage then housed Maiko (Geisha apprentices) of the Pontocho district Nowadays, Kamogawa-tei invites you here to forget the routine life.
Just sit on the outdoor terrace, let you mind wander and enjoy the inner the peace with a cup of tea and the beautiful view of Kamo river.
AOI KAMOGAWA-TEI Detail
Number of guests： From 1 to 5 guest(s)
- Japanese room, Living room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Riverside terrace
- Japanese room, Room, Riverside library
- Internet access
- Broadband wireless internet
- Slippers, Air conditioner, Heater, Radiant in-floor heating, Humidifier, BOSE (CD, iPod connector) DVD player (1F), handy smartphone (Free Unlimited International calls & Internet access)
- Electric Kettle, Microwave, Coffee maker, Tableware and cutlery, Japanese tea, coffee, water
- Toilet seats with a warm-water shower, Hair dryer, Shampoo, Conditioner, Body soap, Toothbrush, Tooth paste, Razor, Towels
- One each on 1F and 2F
Hotel & Resorts
The Hotel’s surroundings - Kiyamachi Street
There are many popular restaurants on Kiyamachi Street, and Kamogawa-tei is located on the same street. Gion area and Nishiki Food Market are also within the walking distance. You can go to Kiyomizu Temple, Nishi Honganji Temple and Yasaka Shrine within 10 minutes by car.