AOI Philosophers Path Villa
a Premier Stay
for feeling the essence of Japanese culture in the serenity
The Private Japanese garden in Kangetsu-tei is created by Ogawa Jihei, who also built many beautiful gardens in those famous scenic sites as HeianJingu shrine, Maruyama Park and Murian.
Benefiting from the surrounding scenery of Higashiyama and the Philosophers Path, and the freshwater brought from the Lake of Biwa canal continuously, the garden in Kangetsu-tei creates a unique atmosphere where you can be relaxed by listening to the sound of flowing water, and regain your inner peace in the comfortable quietness.
The ingenuity design can be found in everywhere in this Sukiya architecture which can provide you the experience in feeling essential part of Japanese culture.
Number of guests： From 2 to 5 guest(s)
- Living room, Japanese room, tea room, Kitchenette, bathroom, restroom
- Japanese room
- Internet access
- Broadband wireless internet
- Slipper, Humidifier, Bluetooth audio, TV, DVD player, handy smartphone (Free Unlimited International calls & Internet access)
- Refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, cutlery, Japanese tea, coffee, water
- Toilet seats with a warm water shower, washing machine with dryer, Tamanohada (shampoo, conditioner, body soap), soap, tooth brush, tooth paste, Razor, shower cap, cotton, towels, pajamas.
Hotel & Resorts
The Hotel’s surroundings - Philosopher’s Path
From Meiji to Showa era, there were many villa and gardens built around the area where the original Nanzenji temple was located in, and those gardens were created by a famous garden designer, Ogawa Jihei, who was the seventh principal of this family business. Nowadays, this area becomes one of the most beautiful walks in Kyoto. Although many tourists like to take a walk from Nanzenji temple to Silver temple, we would like to recommend you the following route: Murian->Nanzenji temple->Nomura Hekiunso Villa->Eikando temple->Sumitomo Collection->Ko-un-ji temple->Philosopher’s Path->Ginkakuji temple
>>Recommended Walking Path