AOI STAY KYOTO
Kamogawa river side
Luxuriate in the beauty of Kyoto
on your very own private terrace.
Kamogawa-tei is a more than 100 years old wooden Machiya which we have furnished with a collection of beautiful antiques as well as modern furniture. The house impresses guests with its spaciousness and the breathtaking view of the river glimmering in the morning sun. In summer, the river is filled with many fish and a small number of exotic birds occasionally make an appearance as well. Aoi Kamogawa-tei originally served as a Sake storage and later even housed the infamous Maiko, Geisha apprentices, of the Pontocho district. Nowadays, Kamogawa-tei invites you to forget the routine of everyday life. Just sit on the terrace outside, let your mind wander and enjoy inner peace and the beautiful view over Kamogawa river with a cup of tea.
AOI Kamogawa-tei Detail
Number of guests： Max. of 5 guests
- Japanese tatami mat room, living room, kitchen, bathroom and toilet, riverside terrace
- Japanese-style bedroom, Western-style bedroom
- Internet access
- Free Wi-Fi service
- Slippers, air conditioning, heater, floor heating, humidifier, BOSE (CD player), DVD player (1F only)
- Refrigerator, electric kettle, microwave, coffee machine, tableware and cutlery, small assortment of japanese tea, coffee, bottled water
- Toilet with washlet, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, shower cap, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor and shaving cream, towels
- One each on 1F and 2F
The Hotel’s surroundings - Kiyamachi Street
There are many popular restaurants on Kiyamachi Street, and Kamogawa-tei is located on the same street. The Gion district and Nishiki food market are also within short walking distance. You can reach the famous Kiyomizu Temple, Nishi Hongan-ji Temple and Yasaka Shrine within 10 minutes by car.