AOI Philosophers Path Villa
At the foot of Higashiyama,
surrounded by quietness,
it is a villa only belonging to you.
Philosopher’s Path, the most well-known path in Kyoto for the breathtaking sceneries of cherry blossoms in spring and maple leaves in autumn. Philosopher’s Path gets its name due to one of Japan’s most famous philosophers. It was said that he was used to do meditation while walking this path in the daily life.
Kan-un-an is located by the end of Philosopher’s Path. Only one minute by foot from the house, you can step into this pleasant stone path, and walk this route from the neighborhood of Nanzenji temple to Ginkakuji temple.
The villa includes three bedrooms, a built-in kitchen, and a garden planted with many maple trees. We would like to welcome you staying in Kan-un-an to know Kyoto deeply from the beauty of nature.
Number of guests： From 2 to 5 guest(s)
- Dining room with built-in kitchen, Japanese room, bedroom 1(king sized bed*1), bedroom 2 (double-sized bed*2), bedroom 3 (single sized bed*1), bathroom, restroom
- Internet access
- Broadband wireless internet
- Slipper, Humidifier, Bluetooth audio, TV, DVD player, handy smartphone (Free Unlimited International calls & Internet access)
- Refrigerator, Rice cooker, Microwave, Nespresso, Gas Stove, cutlery, Japanese tea, coffee, water
- Toilet seats with a warm water shower, Washing machine with dryer, Tamanohada (shampoo, conditioner, body soap), Soap, Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Razor, Shower cap, Cotton, Towels, Pajamas.
Hotel & Resorts
The Hotel’s surroundings - Philosopher’s Path
From Meiji to Showa era, there were many villa and gardens built around the area where the original Nanzenji temple was located in, and those gardens were created by a famous garden designer, Ogawa Jihei, who was the seventh principal of this family business. Nowadays, this area becomes one of the most beautiful walks in Kyoto. Although many tourists like to take a walk from Nanzenji temple to Silver temple, we would like to recommend you the following route: Murian->Nanzenji temple->Nomura Hekiunso Villa->Eikando temple->Sumitomo Collection->Ko-un-ji temple->Philosopher’s Path->Ginkakuji temple
>>Recommended Walking Path